Entertainment everywhere at Silverstone!
Thursday, August 29 2013
This weekend’s British MotoGP at Silverstone (30th August-1st September) is set to be yet another fantastic one. Not only is spectacular action guaranteed on the track, there’s also a great line-up of entertainment planned for all the fans!
- Riders will be interviewed after Saturday evening’s Qualifying on a purpose-built concert stage in the Luffield Complex Area, so fans can hear the inside scoop from the competitors themselves!
- The interviews will be topped and tailed with live music from artists including James Toseland and his band, as well as indie group, ‘The Establishment’.
- The fantastic Barry Sheene Tribute Parade is scheduled to take place on Sunday between the Moto2 and MotoGP races. Featuring Barry’s family, former teammates and rivals, it’s set to be a wonderful tribute to the great man.
- Saturday evening is the Grand Prix Party, with yet more on-stage appearances and interviews from the riders.
- The Animal Action Sports Tour will be putting on stunt and freestyle displays throughout the weekend.
- The Get On! Zone will be in attendance for those who want to get in the saddle themselves with a free test ride, while Silverstone’s Rookie Ride Experience will teach kids 11 up the basics of riding.
- If you’ve always wanted a helicopter ride then now’s your chance, with pleasure flights being offered from the base at Hangar Straight.
If this jam-packed schedule sounds so good, you’re on the lookout for a couple of tickets, fear not, they’re still available at the Silverstone website. They can also be purchased on the gate, but these will be slightly more expensive.