Ride to Work week kicks off on Monday
It’s that time of year again when companies and websites like The Bike Insurer bang the drum for bikes again.
Ride to Work Week will run from Monday 19 June to Friday 25 June 2017 and is an initiative designed to get lots more people out of cars and on to two wheels for their daily commute.
We’re The Bike Insurer, so obviously we’d like everyone to ride their motorcycle, scooter or moped to work every day, but there are lots of advantages for everyone, whether you work in the industry or not.
Reasons to ride your bike to work
1. It’s cheaper
– Road tax is cheap.
– Parking is often free.
– There’s no congestion charge for two wheelers in London.
– Fuel costs are much lower than cars.
2. Fewer delays
– According to stats from the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA), the average commuter will spend two months of their life stuck in traffic or waiting for public transport.
3. Less congestion
– 85 per cent of commuters get to work by a car on their own.
4. Help the environment
– Bikes and scooters are more fuel efficient and have lower emissions levels than cars.
5. More flexibility
– There are no timetables when you get to and from work on your own bike.
6. You should feel happier!
– A survey by the Office for National Statistics found that the daily commute had no negative impact for bike scooter and moped riders, unlike car drivers and public transport users.
And if that wasn’t enough, a couple of motorbike insurers in the UK have also got involved.
Aegeas, Bennetts, Bikesure*, Carole Nash and Harley-Davidson Insurance Services are all offering free commuter insurance for anyone who holds a Social, Domestic and Pleasure policy with them between Monday and Friday next week.
*If a Bikesure policyholder with Ageas, Markerstudy or Highway.
Learn more about Ride to Work Week.
GET A QUOTE
Compare motorbike insurance from the top UK brokers now!Get a quote